Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bigby's at Centrio Mall, CDO


After our morning park stroll in Gaston Park and early Metro Hotel check in, Mr. DQ and I thought about where to have our first official meal in Cagayan De Oro since our McDo breakfast. Upon crossing A. Luna street from Metro Hotel's block, a line of motorella was calling our attention for a ride - this was funny since Centrio mall is already a few steps away. I guess we looked like tourists and might be going somewhere else. It is located along Recto Avenue, across Gaisano Mall and besides Robinsons Mall. 

We were running in circles on deciding where to lunch out. We decided for Bigby's since we haven't tried this anywhere else. Look what I saw in the menu: CDO Sinuglaw, this was immediately my first pick. I am fond of sashimi, ceviche, and the like. I was drooling already upon seeing "kilawin". Kilaw is a Filipino way of serving meat that was not cooked under heat, but was dipped in an acid agent like vinegar and spices. Sinugba is a Filipino term for grill or broil. Sadly, this was unavailable. 


I took a 30 min. nap at the Metro hotel before meal hunting, which is why I was not that sleepy from our early flight when I ordered Rack-A-Bye-Baby Go-Easy. The ribs was so flavorful from inside out that it did not really need helpings of sauce. I used the sauce for the mash so that it won't be a waste, but the mash tasted perfectly on its own as well.


Likes: Sweet BBQ flavor, fall-off-the bone meat, nicely grilled corn, creamy mash potato
Dislikes: Too much butter on the veggie sides and salt in the mash potato.
Price: Php 259.00

Like a hungry pirate, Mr. DQ ordered Captain Joe's Rib-eye steak. See the smoke from the picture? It was as aromatic as the picture looks like. The meat was tender, but Mr. DQ would have preferred it to be more tender per bite. I tasted some, but I was too busy with biting off the last meat pieces from the ribs. Again, I would it it without the need of the gravy.



Likes: The sizzling smoke effect, meat was tender, grill marks.
Dislikes: Too much salt for my liking in the steak.
Price: 650.00

We love cheese! We tried this sort of chicken pizza. Can you help me identify it? This came out first, but we ate it in between our ordered entrees. It reminded me of chicken carbonara and it successfully filled in our tummies and hearts with cheese and crunchy crust.


Likes: Cheese chunks, the sauce and crunchiness of the crust
Dislikes: Maybe some gooey cheese like the common mozarella would pump the it up

I am still not over my fascination for Missy Bon Bon breadshop. My sweet tooth still squirm for the chocolate brownie that we randomly bought to taste. It may be too sweet for some, I loved the gooey texture. This branch was inside Bigby's location and our table leads to the door to the breadshop. If we weren't so full with our meal, we could have tried their ranges of gelatos.


Strawberry and Mango Shake. Oh why not? I am on a vacation. The shakes are about 30% cheaper than in other resturants in Manila, I could have easily gulped down 2 of this if I were not going elsewhere after.




Likes: I could taste the strawberry bits, not too sweet, real strawberry garnish
Dislikes: I want a refillable version
Price: Php 89.00


From BPI's promo, we were able to have a take out of Tijuana Quesadillas Plain. They did not skimp on the packaging, this was handy for our afternoon trip in CDO. It was not gooey anymore since it was already cold, but it was tasty and still cheesy when we grabbed some bites on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment